Probate Solicitors

If you need help dealing with the responsibility of administering the will of someone who has died, the specialist probate lawyers at Percy Hughes and Roberts Solicitors can help you.

Our clients choose to seek the help of a specialist because of the complexity of this area of the law, coupled with the responsibility of being trusted to correctly deal with someone's will.

We are often called upon to provide legal advice to those who are struggling with particularly complicated will arrangements, estates that are bankrupt or insolvent or unusual tax-related issues.

We can also help you if you want to apply for a grant of representation; be it a grant of probate or grant of letters of administration.

We are based in Birkenhead, and have served the Wirral, Merseyside and further afield for the past 100 years.

To speak to our grant of probate solicitors, contact us by calling 0800 068 3267 or fill out an online enquiry form and we will get back to you at a time that is convenient for you.

How can our probate solicitors help you?

The team at Percy Hughes & Roberts offer a wide variety of probate services. No matter what your query or issue, we provide a service that is sensitive and cost-effective, ensuring you are able to get the outcome you deserve.

We are here to help you apply for a grant of representation, which will enable you to deal with the estate of someone who has died, or to help you deal with complexities relating to:

  • Complicated tax or inheritance tax issues
  • Someone dying without a will
  • A bankrupt or insolvent estate

Why PHR Solicitors?

At Percy Hughes & Roberts Solicitors, we strive to deliver the highest possible standards at all times. This is reflected by the fact we hold the Lexcel accreditation

We're proud of our long tradition of providing active and practical help to the community we serve, and helping people most in need access clear, simple and cost-effective legal advice.

What is a Grant of Representation?

A grant of representation is a legal document that confirms your ability and authority to deal with the estate of someone who has died.

The term 'grant of representation' refers to either a grant of probate or a grant of letters of administration.

What is a Grant of Probate?

A grant of probate is a document that provides legal authority for someone to manage the estate of the deceased, if they left a will.

People often name executors - those who they want to administer their estate in the event of their death - in their wills. Those executors need a grant of probate in order to legally handle bank accounts and deal with their property and possessions.

What is a Grant of Letters of Administration?

If the deceased did not leave a will, certain people can apply to become the 'administrator' of the estate. They are:

A spouse (husband or wife) of the deceased
A civil partner of the deceased
A child of the deceased

The document that the administrator will receive to prove they have the legal right to deal with the estate is called a grant of letters of administration.

Get in touch

To speak to the probate solicitors at Percy Hughes & Roberts, call 0800 068 3267 or complete the enquiry form on our contact page.