Solicitors for You

Solicitors for Businesses

Browse PHR Solicitors

Our experienced disciplinary solicitors can offer impartial and confidential advice on formally raising a grievance to your employer. 


Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures for Employees

If you are facing disciplinary action or experiencing a workplace grievance, it is essential for you to seek legal advice. At Percy Hughes & Roberts, our specialist solicitors can assist you with a wide range of legal services, helping you to fully understand your responsibilities and the resolution process.

Our legal team can provide impartial and confidential advice on what to do upon receiving disciplinary action. We work with clients of all backgrounds and are dedicated to resolving issues as quickly and efficiently as possible.

To speak with one of our experienced solicitors today about your disciplinary or grievance procedure, contact Percy Hughes & Roberts today on 0151 666 9090, or complete our online enquiry form to receive a call back from a member of our team. 

How can our disciplinary & grievance solicitors help you?

When you have been subject to disciplinary action that you believe might be unfair, or have a grievance, it might be difficult to know what to do. We know how stressful these situations can be, but working with a reputable lawyer can help resolve these problems quickly with minimum fuss. Percy Hughes & Roberts Solicitors are here to assist you, helping you save time, money, and effort, and finding the best possible way to secure your desired outcome. 

Our empathetic team will work with you to fully understand your situation and will use the information you provide to decide on the right course of action. We understand how important it is to have your voice heard in these types of situations. Our proactive approach will help resolve your issue quickly and efficiently.

What should you do if you have a grievance?

If you have an issue at work that you would like to raise with your employer, but it can’t be resolved in an informal way, you might need to go through a grievance procedure. Every employer should have a formal grievance procedure in place for their employees to raise any issues they might have. These processes should have been provided to you in writing when you started your employment. In order to formalise your grievance you should:

  • Write a letter to your employer outlining the issue(s) at hand and setting out what would resolve the issue(s) for you
  • After this is sent, a meeting should be arranged for you to air your views
  • If, after your meeting, you believe that your employer’s decision to rectify your issues isn’t satisfactory, you can appeal this

By seeking the help of one of our legal professionals to assist you throughout this process, they will be able to advise the best approach.

Get in touch

If you feel that it’s necessary to escalate your issue at work into a grievance procedure, get in touch with our team of experienced disciplinary lawyers to receive the best advice on how to approach this. We can talk you through what you should do and say during your meeting(s).

Our office is situated in Birkenhead and we can handle cases throughout Cheshire, Merseyside and Liverpool.

Speak with our legal team today about our employee services by calling us on 0151 666 9090, or complete our online enquiry form and one of our team will call back at a time that’s convenient for you.

Quick Enquiry

Drop us a line and we’ll contact you to see how we can help.


In This Section

Meet Our Team

Contact Percy Hughes & Roberts

Our award-winning solicitors have provided legal advice to people across the Wirral, Liverpool and further afield for more than 100 years.

Our aim is to excel as a firm of independent lawyers in the provision of specialist quality legal services for individuals and for business.

Contact us today by telephone, email or by using our online contact form. 


Awards & Accreditations

A selection of industry bodies who, accredit, support and endorse PHR Solicitors; including the Law Society, the Solicitors Regulation Authority, and others. We know you want to work with a practice you can trust.