Raising A Grievance

Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures for Employees

Percy Hughes & Roberts Solicitors is on hand to offer advice to members of staff on formally raising a grievance to your employer, or indeed for those subject to disciplinary action for whatever reason. We will offer you impartial and confidential advice on what to do in these situations.

Get in touch with us today by calling freephone 0800 781 3894 and asking for Sarah Simcott our Head of Employment. Alternatively, fill in our online contact form, and we will call you back.

Grievance advice

If you have a problem at work that cannot be resolved informally, you may need to go through a formal procedure.

Employers should have formal processes in place if a member of staff wishes to raise a grievance. These procedures should be presented to you in the form of a written letter.

There is a formal procedure that should be followed in order to formalise your complaint:

  • A letter should be written to the employer which outlines the problems
  • Then, a meeting should take place where your views are aired. If you feel any decision made by the employer is not satisfactory, you will have the opportunity to appeal

Our solicitors will advise you on the best way to handle each of these steps.

What to Do If You Are Subject To Disciplinary Proceedings?

In order to undertake disciplinary proceedings, there is a certain procedurethat should be followed:

  • They must inform you of the disciplinary proceedings via a formal letter
  • There will then be a disciplinary meeting, for which you will be entitled to bring a colleague or union rep
  • Following the decision, there should be the opportunity to appeal

If you are subject to these proceedings, get in touch with Percy Hughes & Roberts today, and we will advise you every step of the way through this time. We will make sure you are treated fairly and that you know where you stand the whole way through.

Contact Percy Hughes & Roberts

Percy Hughes & Roberts Solicitors are based in Birkenhead, near Liverpool. We have a number of expert employment law solicitors with experience in ensuring employees are treated fairly throughout difficult times such as disciplinary action or raising grievances.

Call us today on freephone 0800 781 3894 or request a call back by filling in our contact form.