Road Traffic Accident Claims
If you have developed an illness or medical condition as a direct result of your working conditions, you may be able to make an industrial disease claim. The experienced solicitors at Percy Hughes & Roberts can support you through this often complex process, helping to ensure you are able to achieve a positive outcome.
At Percy Hughes & Roberts, we have considerable experience of helping clients make a wide range of industrial disease claims, from hearing loss and dermatitis to asbestos-related diseases. We will help you build a strong case based on the available evidence, and provide you with expert advice at each stage of the process.
With our support, you will stand the best chance of receiving the financial support you deserve for your illness. We can secure compensation that can be put towards medical fees or household bills incurred during a period spent out of work, and help you move on with your life.
We are based in Birkenhead and have been delivering high-quality legal services for clients across the Wirral, Merseyside and the North West for more than 100 years.
To learn more about making an industrial disease claim, get in touch with our expert solicitors today. Call us on 0800 781 3894, or complete our online contact form to request a call back at a time that is convenient for you.
How can our personal injury solicitors help you?
Industrial diseases can have a significant impact on both your health and your career, potentially preventing you from working and damaging the trust between you and your employer. When this happens, it is vital that you seek legal advice about your options as soon as possible.
At Percy Hughes and Roberts, we can provide legal advice and support on any kind of industrial disease claim, including:
- Asbestos-related diseases
- Hearing loss
- Occupational asthma
- Vibration white finger
If you have experienced these or any other form of work-related disease, you may have a valid claim against your employers. By speaking to us, we can advise you on your legal options, including helping you build a case that your illness was caused by negligence on the part of your employer.
We will provide straightforward, pragmatic and compassionate advice at every step. We will handle your case on a no win, no fee basis.
What are the most common industrial diseases?
Every day, people throughout the UK are exposed to harmful chemicals or contract a work-related illness through no fault of their own, and the results can be devastating.
The negligence of employers can expose workers to a range of different diseases and chronic conditions, with some of the most common including:
- Asbestos-related disease - when a worker develops a serious lung condition such as mesothelioma or lung cancer due to exposure to asbestos in their workplace
- Carpal tunnel syndrome - where the nerves in a person’s hand are compressed and damaged due to regular use of percussive or vibrating tools
- Hearing loss - when a worker’s hearing is damaged due to loud noises and a lack of protection on site
- Occupational dermatitis - when a person experiences chronic skin irritation due to their work with chemicals and other agents
- Occupational asthma - when a person develops asthma due to workplace exposure to a known respiratory sensitiser
- Tendonitis or tenosynovitis - damage to the tendons in the hand or forearm following physically demanding or repetitive work
- Vibration white finger/hand arm vibration syndrome - when a worker suffers problems with feeling and sensation in their hands or arms due to the use of percussive or vibrating tools
If you experience any of these conditions as a result of your working conditions, you may be able to make an industrial disease claim.
Why choose Percy Hughes & Roberts Solicitors?
Our team of personal injury solicitors, led by Helen Townley, have considerable experience in working in this area of the law. We can provide clear and comprehensive advice to help you to secure the maximum compensation amount available.
Our high standards of service is reflected by the fact that we are fully accredited with Lexcel, the Law Society's quality standard, which is recognised and respected across the legal sector.
We have been providing quality, concise legal advice for more than 100 years, and are dedicated to providing workers with the simple and cost-effective support they need.
Contact Percy Hughes & Roberts
To speak to one of our expert industrial disease solicitors simply call on 0800 781 3894, or fill out an online enquiry form to arrange for us to get in touch at a time that's suitable for you.