Will Writing Services
Seeking out expert will writing services could be hugely important to your future. By choosing to write a will, you will be able to ensure your assets and the needs of your family are protected after you die, while avoiding the stressful legal disputes and uncertainty that come when someone dies without a will.
Percy Hughes & Roberts’ wills writing solicitors are experts in helping clients make a robust and comprehensive will, providing tailored and easy-to-understand advice on what can be a complex process. With our will writing services, you will be able to create a will that takes all of your individual needs and circumstances into account, giving you peace of mind that your estate will be distributed according to your wishes.
Whether you are looking to write a will from scratch or are looking for a legal professional to review and ratify an existing document, the will making solicitors at Percy Hughes & Roberts can help you. Based in Birkenhead, we have been delivering the highest quality will writing services for clients across the Wirral, Merseyside and the North West for more than 100 years.
If you are seeking legal advice in order to write a will, give us a call today on 0800 781 3894, or send us an email query by filling in our online contact form.
How can our specialist will writing solicitors help you?
At Percy Hughes & Roberts, we provide comprehensive will writing services for clients from all backgrounds. Our team of lawyers are experts in this area of the law and will guide you through every step of the process. This includes:
- Explaining all of your options to help you decide how your will should be structured
- Deciding who will benefit from your will
- Identifying an executor for your will
- Arranging how your assets will be divided among your beneficiaries after you die
- Writing and checking over your will, according to your instructions to ensure it is legally compliant and covers all of your needs
Why choose Percy Hughes & Roberts Solicitors?
Our specialist will making solicitors have considerable expertise on all aspects of will writing, and can help you ensure your will is executed properly and legally. We are happy to answer any queries you may have and always provide clear and comprehensive advice.
We have a strong commitment to maintaining the highest possible standards of service. This is reflected by the accreditations our team has received from high-profile national organisations such as Lexcel, the Law Society's quality standard.
We have been providing quality, concise legal advice to clients for more than a century, and we are dedicated to helping members of the community receive the simple and cost-effective support they need when creating their wills.
Why do I need a will?
One of the most stressful aspects of approaching the end of your life is feeling unsure about what will happen to your family when you are no longer around to look after them.
By making a will, you can decide exactly what happens to your assets and possessions after you die. This includes having control over who deals with your estate and who will be responsible for looking after any children or other dependants under your care. Additionally, having a will means your beneficiaries will benefit from any tax relief or exemptions available to them.
If you die without a will, your estate is subject to intestacy law, meaning your assets may not be inherited by those you had hoped. Dying intestate could result in the following consequences:
- Unmarried partners or stepchildren do not receive a share of your estate
- Any donations you intended to make to chosen charities upon your death are not made.
- Your estate is claimed and redistributed by the government if no blood relations can be found
- An estranged spouse or civil partner may inherit your estate against your wishes
- You will have no say in who will look after your children, or when they will receive their inheritance.
- Your estate may be liable to pay more inheritance tax than would otherwise have been necessary
As such, creating a will is essential for anyone looking to ensure their wishes are carried out after they pass on.
Do you need a lawyer to make a will?
Although it is possible to create your own will, doing so without a professional will writing service could make it more likely for mistakes or oversights to be made. This could result in a will that does not offer the level of protection you intended, or might even potentially result in your will being declared invalid, meaning your estate will be subject to intestacy law. You can find out more about the most frequent mistakes made when writing a will here.
By working with an experienced will writing solicitor, you gain the following benefits:
- Common mistakes in writing the will can be avoided more easily
- Your solicitors will be able to handle the more complex aspects of the will writing process
- You will have greater legal protection and support if something goes wrong with the will
Contact Percy Hughes & Roberts
To speak to the will writing solicitors at Percy Hughes & Roberts, give us a call on 0800 781 3894, or complete the enquiry form on our contact page to send us a query by email.
We pride ourselves on offering expert advice that's easy to understand, and we will be with you through every step of the legal process. Our offices are based in Birkenhead, but we service the wider Wirral, Liverpool, Cheshire, Merseyside and North Wales area, as well as clients nationwide.